All we use smart phones with many personal information and applications. But do we think the protection of them. We mainly concern about device protection. Actually if you think about the protection of its content you should have a backup your i-device.
What is Backup?
Backup is a process which allows you to copy and save the information in your smart phone in a secure place. Also you can retrieve them when you need.
[Eg- If you replace your device, you can use a backup to transfer your information to a new device.]
No Backup Risk
If you feel lazy on backup your iphone you may be at risk on data loss. That means if you lose your device or damage then perhaps you will never be able to recover data on it.
Following data may be at risk
- Photos and Videos.
- Notes, Contacts and Calendars.
- Documents & Data of Apps.
- Health and Home data.
- Safari Bookmarks and History.
Best methods for backup
- iCloud backup
save your content in icloud. Here you can get adequate space for backup. [About 2TB space and 4TB for Apple One Premier plan]
- Backup on Computer
You can save your content on your personal computer or laptop. Here
Storage depends on your PC’s available space
iCloud Backup data
Your i-device backups only device stored information and settings. Also it does not backup already stored information in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminder.
- App data
- Apple Watch backups
- Device settings
- Home screen and app organization
- Photos and videos on your i-device
- Visual Voicemail password
- Purchase history from Apple services, like your music, movies, TV shows, apps
Backup from your computer
A computer backup of your i-device includes almost all of your device’s data and settings. But you are unable to backup following
- Face ID /Touch ID settings
- Apple Pay information and settings
- Apple Mail data
- Content from the iTunes and App Stores.
- Content synced from Finder or iTunes [imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos]
- Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
- Activity, Health.
To backup your idevice with iTunes or backup i-device with 3utools today.